You’ve finally decided to take the plunge and join City Girls Club as an independent escort. That 9 to 5 job takes up all of your valuable time, barely pays the bills and is screamingly boring. Plus, you’re drop dead gorgeous and look far more attractive in head turning attire than in drab office apparel. Most importantly, you deserve to fatten up your savings account, build up your credit by paying off those credit cards and pay off your car. Oh, and a new pair of Jimmy Choos certainly wouldn’t hurt. A girl’s got to reward herself every now and then.
I suppose you could get your real estate license to sell houses or even your Series 7 license to join the herds trying to make a few bucks on the stock exchange. Then, you’d have to work a million hours a week and there’d be no time for the gym. Not sexy at all. Or, you could put your intoxicatingly good looks, sugar sweet disposition and jet set attitude to work for you!
When the cash starts rolling in it’s time to think smart, ladies
After not too long, you’ll probably think about upgrading your apartment and filling it with new furniture; embellishing your wardrobe; purchasing a new car. In between tours, you’ll have oodles of time to think about your future and what you’re going to do with it. But before you go all out and spend every last dime on decadence, reign in your newfound good fortune and put the spotlight on your finances.
Rethink your credit
A few questions to ask yourselves:
• When was the last time you examined your credit scores?
• Have you always paid your bills on time?
• Were you ever been evicted?
• Have any collection or judgment accounts?
• Owe the IRS?
• What are the interest rates on your credit cards?
Though lunching and going to the spa are far more exciting, boosting your credit scores is the leading action and best thing you can ever do for yourself when it comes to pursuing financial freedom. In America, all doors are opened when your credit scores are 700 . Not sure what I’m talking about? Think Equifax, TransUnion and Experian. Google them and you’ll find a wealth of information. They are the credit gods that determine how much you pay for credit, whether or not you get that fabulous apartment (and how much down payment is required) and if you qualify to purchase that gorgeous new condo.
Affirm your education and what you’ll do after you retire
Given that the lifespan of an independent escort ends for most in their thirties, you have the rest of your life to think about. If you are in your early twenties, that’s less than ten years to break the bank making lots of money. Most (smart) retired escorts go on to start new businesses and start the planning long before they actually do retire.
Realize your dreams
Maybe you’ve thought about becoming an entrepreneur and starting your own clothing line. Or perhaps you’d like to complete your college education and become a registered nurse. Or anything in between. Now that you are an independent escort and working regularly, you can start those college funds for your two young children. No doubt, you are in a position to open a certificate of deposit (CD) at your favorite bank. And if you have an analytical mind, start investing in the stock market by way of a savvy financial advisor. I’ve known some escorts who get into day trading for the thrill of it and make heaps of money. How is this all possible? When you are not spending sexy time with your clients, you have plenty of time to think and plan what you will do with your money.
Start a small business. Now.
Now that you’re a successful escort, the time has come to establish a general business with a general name. Because escorting is a cash business, you’ll want to have a financial vehicle through which to funnel some of your income and having a small business is the perfect tool. You want to keep in good standing with Uncle Sam and don’t want the Feds to come knocking at your door one day. Find a trusted certified public accountant who will give you some sound advice. You’ll be surprised that the process is actually quite easy. One day, this little business of yours will come in super handy.
• You will be able to open a business account at your bank
• You will have a business license with which to start your new venture down the road
• You will be able to apply for credit in the name of the business
• You will be able to tell people that you are a business owner and not an escort
Below is a quick start guide to your new financial security
1. Obtain copies of your credit report from the three credit bureaus mentioned above. If your credit scores are below 660, seek professional credit repair assistance. Or, if you’ve got a do-it-yourself attitude (now, that’s my girl!), save the fees and go to www.SuzieOrman.com and purchase her credit repair kit. Depending on the condition of your credit, improvement can take up to six months.
2. Determine short, mid and long term goals. Write them all down via pen or computer. If you haven’t got a clue what to do after you retire from escorting, determining your goals will give clarity to your future. You will see a pattern emerge. Is it continued education? Investing in a new business? Buying a home? New car? Whatever shines through in your goals is what you will start saving for via a dedicated savings account.
3. Open 2 savings accounts – one for you and one for your kids if you have them. Pledge a percentage of your monthly income (yes, you have to keep track of your cash income) and diligently deposit into each of those accounts every month.
4. Start that small business today. Legalzoom.com is a fantastic resource to get you started and they’re affordable.
City Girls cares about our independent escorts
Escorting can be a very valuable tool to financial independence but it is what you make of it. Not every single lady has what it takes. If you do, don’t waste your money. Put your success to work and your future and children will thank you.